" Steve and Paulson Builders provided us the craftsmanship and quality detail we were looking for. They were with us every step of the way and made the project one we will enjoy for many years to come. We have and will continue to recommend Steve to anyone who wants quality work done."
- Karen from the North ShoreWe enjoyed working with Steve. We appreciated his vision, creative grasp of the project, as well as his follow through. We love the improvements to our home!
- Mike and Tara McDonellWe first worked with Steve Paulson in 1991 when he finished our basement in our Lake Forest home. We lived out of the area for a number of years. When we returned in 2003 and wanted to add a year- round porch to our new home in Lake Forest, we looked him up and were pleased to find that Paulson Builders was in business. Since that project, we have gone on to work with Steve and his crews on two more projects. One home, a substantial renovation of 3 baths, a kitchen and all flooring, was done in 2006; the other, a complete renovation of every last square inch of a 6-bedroom, 7-bath home, torn down to the studs and put back together again, was completed in 2007. The best recommendation someone can give is to be a repeat customer. We have kept coming back, and would not hesitate to work with Paulson Builders in the future.
- Lindi and Steve Strobel, Lake Forest, ILWe worked with Paulson Builders to design and build a screened porch and deck on an upper level of our newly built lakefront home. From the beginning, Steve and his team were highly professional, knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. We came to them with ideas about what we wanted but many questions about how to make those ideas a reality. Steve and his architect Neal worked with us to create a beautiful, classic yet innovative design that embodies all the things we were looking for and more, using top-quality materials. The building process started on time, progressed steadily, and was finished before the target date. Throughout the construction period, Steve's team, led by Mike Sullivan, helped solve problems as they came up, kept us informed of progress and changes, and took pride and ownership in every aspect of the project. Steve always made himself available for questions and monitored construction progress on a daily basis. As it turned out, the finished porch and deck surpassed our expectations. They add significantly to the value of the house and immeasurably to our enjoyment of our home. Visitors are drawn to the porch and love to linger there; my husband and I practically live on the porch from spring through fall. And when we needed help removing the screens for cleaning the year after the porch was built, Steve's crew came back and gladly provided all the support we needed. It was a pleasure to work with Steve and his team. I highly recommend Paulson Builders!
- Karen ThomasAs the spring begins to beautify everything outside, we again rejoiced at the beauty inside of our home. We love our house, and every time we think of how much we enjoy being inside and outside, we think of the fabulous job you did. Thanks to you and your excellent crew, we have the home of our dreams now. I don't envy anyone, the house is perfect and perfect for us. But without you and your fabulous team, it would not have been possible. You should feel very proud of making dreams come true and for leaving things better than you found them!
- Adriana and DerickIn November of 2008, we moved into our home in St. Charles, Illinois. Since the home was approximately 13 years old, it needed some repairs and updating, such as painting, window replacements and electrical work. After consulting with Steve Paulson from Paulson Builders, we met in my home and I was able to convey to him what I wanted to accomplish. I noted that Steve took copious notes as we walked around my home and talked about the repairs I wished to complete. Additionally, as we walked around our home, Steve provided feedback with different repair and pricing options which allowed me to have the necessary information I needed to make an informative decision on the repairs. Lastly, Steve provided me with a time frame of when the work would be started and when I could expect it to be completed.
At the conclusion of our meeting, Steve took the time to again explain in detail of what I could expect from him and his company should I choose to contract Paulson Builders for my repairs. Steve’s courteous and easy going demeanor made me feel very comfortable that Paulson Builders would be able to provide the quality of work I was looking for at a competitive price.
During the repair process, Steve was easy to reach via his cell phone when I had any questions. Additionally, Steve visited my home to check on the progress of the repairs and to ensure that nothing was overlooked, which showed me that he was very mindful of his company’s reputation. Once Paulson Builders completed the project, I was very satisfied that everything had actually been done just as we talked about. Each trade that was represented during the repairs was very courteous and easy to deal with. I would also like to mention that at the end of each day, they cleaned up after themselves and didn’t leave a mess for me and family to deal with. Overall, I would highly recommend Steve and Paulson Builders to anyone wishing to have any home repairs completed.
- Jeffrey ChumbleyPaulson Builders did a fantastic job with our remodel. We've always heard the horror stories about working with builders and have a few of our own from previous experiences. We hired Paulson to do a major home renovation in the city. They were not the cheapest bid but we believe you get what you pay for. Steve worked with us closely throughout the renovation. He always answered our calls and resolved any issues almost immediately. We did not need a bunch list. Everything was completed when Steve said it would be or as soon as materials allowed. We would definitely recommend Paulson Builders.
- Kim and Trigg ThorstensonThe project you and your team completed for us this past spring exceeded all of our expectations. We are proud of the finished product, and feel as though we've moved into an entirely new home.
Your team distinguished themselves as professionals and the project came in on time and on budget, despite several winter weather related delays, which were beyond your control. We truly appreciated your consultative, upfront approach to discussing all elements of the project and how quickly and appropriately any changes or challenges were dealt with throughout the process.
Having completed several new construction projects while living in Chicago, I have first hand experience with the complexity of these types of endeavors, and can confidently say that Paulson builders delivered an experience and finished product unlike any we had in the past. It was clear throughout the construction that you and your team care very much about the happiness of your clients, and my wife and I appreciated that very much.
I'd recommend (and already have to several people) Paulson Builders to anyone.